What They Are Saying About The Book...
"Bernie Chavis has long promoted the benefits of the game of tennis to African Amerians, and we are grateful that he has chosen to record his experiences and observations in this book."
- Hon. David N. Dinkins, former Mayor, New York City
"My hope is that this book will reinforce the need to improve multicultural participation in tennis."
- Dan Santorum, CEO/Executive Director, Professional Tennis Registry
"First let me say, thank you for publishing this work. It is the most honest assessment of the condition that exists within the Black tennis community that I've seen."
- Bob Davis, former President?CEO of the Arthur Ashe Safe Passages and ABC Cities Programs
"The book details the continual struggle to level the playing field of diversity in the sport of tennis and life."
- John Chaney, Hall of Fame Basketball Coach
"I applaud your efforts to document the difficulties that your administration faced. I thought that your arguments were well reasoned and supported with relevant documentation."
- Gary A. Coger, former Museum Director, International Tennis Hall of Fame